Push Technology, the pioneer and leader in real-time data streaming and messaging solutions, today announced valuable enhancements to Diffusion Cloud – its Intelligent Event-Data Platform. The additions include a new REST adapter and improved data monitoring capabilities.
New REST Adapter
Development teams can quickly and inexpensively provide real-time experiences to customers, by transforming existing APIs into streaming data feeds, without the need to re-architect backend systems. With Diffusion doing the heavy lifting of distributing real-time data, developers can reduce traffic load on backend systems – resulting in consistently fast performance and reduced infrastructure requirements. In addition, developers now have the ability to specify custom headers/query parameters – which are necessary for polling authenticated APIs.
- Leverage the power of Diffusion to distribute existing APIs as highly efficient, real-time streaming feeds.
- An out-of-the-box adapter to pull data from external REST API endpoints and into Diffusion.
- Configure integrations with external REST APIs through the Diffusion Cloud Dashboard, or programmatically via Diffusion’s Management API.
Diffusion Cloud is a mission-critical component of customers’ infrastructure. Monitoring improvements now makes it easier for Ops teams to understand how their Diffusion Cloud services are being used, identify anomalous behavior, and pro-actively respond to any potential issues before they impact end users.
- Live graphing and visualization of key usage metrics for “at a glance” service status.
- More granular reporting of usage history, allowing fine-grained trend analysis and diagnostics.
- Highlighting of usage thresholds and high/low summaries to inform capacity planning.
In summary, the redesign enables users to manage existing APIs and add new sources in a matter of seconds. It provides customers with greater visibility of their service’s live metrics and historic usage trends, with the dashboard overview now displaying live metrics for number of Connections and Topics. New graphs display Connection and Message usage over the past hour/day/week/month and summary data points are now shown (minimum/maximum connections, total number of messages and bytes).
Andréa Skov, Chief Marketing Officer for Push Technology, said: “Using the Cloud version of our Diffusion platform development teams can take an economical, fast, low-code approach to building next generation real-time, event-driven applications. We continually evolve our platform’s powerful, intelligent data management capabilities. These enhancements are driven by the digital transformation requirements of the companies we serve across the globe.”