The Nevada Gaming Control Board (Board) will hold an informational workshop whereby state and local health and safety officers and other interested parties will provide an update regarding COVID-19 response measures at Resort Hotels as defined by NRS 463.01865, and other gaming related matters.
The workshop is scheduled as follows: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE GOVERNOR’S EMERGENCY DIRECTIVE #006, DATED MARCH 22, 2020, THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE CONDUCTED BY MEANS OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION. THE PUBLIC MAY ACCESS THE MEETING AT THE TIME NOTICED HEREIN BY LIVE STREAM LINK LOCATED AT: https://gaming.nv.gov/index.aspx?page=145 AND MAY SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT AS SET FORTH BELOW IN THE PUBLIC NOTICE SECTION.
1. OPENING REMARKS BY CHAIRWOMAN SANDRA DOUGLASS MORGAN (Discussion Only)
2. CALEB CAGE, COVID-19 RESPONSE DIRECTOR, STATE OF NEVADA (Discussion Only)
Update on the newly created COVID-19 Response Director position and coordination of resources across federal, state, and local entities.
3. MASON VAN HOUWELING, CEO, UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, LAS VEGAS (Discussion Only)
Update on UMC’s COVID-19 testing capacity, UMC’s partnerships with gaming resorts to administer COVID-19 tests, and telemedicine capabilities and future testing capacity.
4. FERMIN LEGUEN, MD, MPH, DISTRICT HEALTH OFFICER, SOUTHERN NEVADA HEALTH DISTRICT (Discussion Only)
Update on COVID-19 testing, contact tracing, and Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) guidance and policies.
5. CHIEF JOHN STEINBECK, CLARK COUNTY FIRE DEPARTMENT (Discussion Only)
Update on the Clark County Fire Department and its Office of Emergency Management’s COVID-19 response, including southern Nevada community based testing.
6. ANTHONY SLONIM, MD, DrPh, FACHE, PRESIDENT AND CEO, RENOWN HEALTH (Discussion Only)
Update on COVID-19 testing and Renown Health’s future testing capacity.
7. DEAN DOW, MBA, CMTE, PRESIDENT AND CEO, REMSA (Discussion Only)
Update on REMSA’s COVID-19 response abilities and its Ready Responders partnership.
8. BOARD DISCUSSION AND DELIBERATION (Discussion/Possible Action)
Discussion and possible action on matters presented or discussed during the Workshop, including the Governor and the Board’s directives to licensees regardIng COVID-19 matters and reopening plans; discussion and possible action regarding Industry Notices.