American support for legal sports betting has grown significantly since the federal ban on sports wagering was lifted in 2018, according to new American Gaming Association (AGA) research. Key findings show:
- 85 percent of American adults agree with the Supreme Court’s decision to strike down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA), compared to 63 percent in 2019.
- 77 percent of American adults support legalization in their state of residence.
- 39.2 million American adults have placed a traditional sports wager in the last 12 months.
- 78 percent of bettors place all or most bets through regulated operators.
- 77 percent of online sports bets are now placed through regulated operators, compared to just 44 percent in 2019.
“American adults have always enjoyed betting on sports, and overwhelmingly value the ability to bring their action into a legal market, close to home,” said AGA President and CEO Bill Miller. “The rapid spread of legal sports betting—fueled by regulated, responsible entities—has contributed to communities and established consumer protections by migrating betting away from the illegal market monopoly that PASPA perpetuated.”
Since May 2018, Americans have legally wagered $220 billion nationwide, generating $3 billion in state and local taxes for education, healthcare, infrastructure, responsible gaming and problem gambling resource funding and more.
Bettor Migration to Legal Sportsbooks
As the legal market grows, it is increasingly attracting and retaining customers from illegal bookies and offshore operators:
- Nearly half (46%) of bettors that currently bet primarily with unregulated operators plan to transition to regulated operators within the next 12 months.
- Nine in 10 (90%) bettors who place most of their bets legally intend to stay within the legal market in the next year.
Among the top reasons bettors are choosing legal operators over illegal operators are confidence bets will be paid out (71%), trust in account security and easier payment options (68%), and availability of responsible gaming resources (58%).
Compared to five years ago, consumers have a significantly better understanding of the legal status of sports betting in their state, however, survey results also point to continued need for consumer education:
- Only 29 percent of American adults say they are unsure of the legality of online sportsbooks in their state, a 45 percent decrease since 2018.
- Yet, 70 percent of sports bettors who placed most of their bets with illegal operators believed they were betting either exclusively with legal sportsbooks or splitting their bets evenly between legal and illegal operators.
Consumer confusion is in part attributable to illegal offshore sites misrepresenting their legal status by marketing themselves as regulated sites. Among online sports bettors, they believe a site is legal based on a statement on the website (38%), odds being mentioned by the media (36%), and search results (32%).
“Five years post-PASPA, the AGA and our members continue to support responsibly expanding the legal market while cracking down on predatory illegal operators,” continued Miller. “The regulated industry and our partners across the entire ecosystem—policymakers, law enforcement, regulators, leagues, media, technology providers and more—have made significant strides in our collaborative consumer education efforts since 2018, and we will continue to find new ways to enhance consumer protections as the market matures.”
ACR POKER RETURNS ITS HIGH FIVE SERIES, AWARDING 20 SEATS TO RECORD-SETTING VENOM
The High Five Tournament Series, running March 10th31st, isn’t just the best way for players to ‘take their bankroll higher’. It’s also a great way to earn a seat to ACR Poker’s record-breaking $12.5 Million Venom tourney this April.
“We typically run the High Five in April as part of the humorous 420 theme, but this time it’s a lead in to the $12.5 Million Venom,” stated ACR Pro, Chris Moneymaker. “So, make sure you light up the tables and win one of 20 Venom seats in our Leaderboard Competition.”
The High Five features $12.2 Million in guarantees over 220 tourneys. It’s broken down to exactly 10 events a day, with five being lower stakes ($33 or less). Overall buy-ins range from $1.10 to $1,050, so players of all bankroll sizes can participate and get a great payout.
Moneymaker added that while all High Five tourneys are buzzworthy, players will definitely want to inhale the two Main Events on Sunday, March 31st. One is a $1 Million GTD ($630 buyin) and the other $500,000 GTD ($215 buy-in).
The Leaderboard Competition will award 20 seats to the $12.5 Million Venom. That’s a $53,000 value, paid directly out of ACR Poker’s pocket. It’s actually two separate leaderboards based on Low ($1.10 to $33) and High ($44 to $1,050) buy-ins.
Finally, in keeping with the 420 theme, the High Five features a daily 10-minute “courtesy break” at 4:20pm ET. This gives players the chance to grab some munchies, have a bathroom break or relax in any way they see fit.
For more info on the High Five, visit the promo page at ACRPoker.
Leading Peruvian iGaming Operator La Tinka, Selects Optimove as CRM Marketing Solution to Accelerate Growth through Personalized Journey Orchestration
La Tinka to leverage Optimove’s #1 CRM Marketing solution for iGaming to increase player loyalty and retention through personalized and relevant marketing campaigns.
La Tinka, the leading Peruvian iGaming operator, has chosen Optimove, the #1 CRM Marketing solution for iGaming, to enhance player engagement and retention, helping accelerate the operator’s rapid growth. With Optimove’s advanced CRM Marketing capabilities, La Tinka and their online Sportsbook and Casino brand, Te Apuesto, is set to deliver optimized player journeys with personalized experiences across a broad range of digital touchpoints, enhancing player satisfaction, engagement, retention, and lifetime value.
The strategic integration of Optimove’s Customer-Led Marketing Platform and solution bolsters La Tinka’s refined player engagement strategies, further solidifying the operator’s position as a leading player in the Latin America iGaming industry. La Tinka will leverage Optimove’s OptiMail, a native platform for email personalization and delivery, OptiText, for real-time and scheduled promotional and transactional text messages, and OptiMobile, enabling La Tinka to send personalized rich media mobile push messages directly to players’ devices at optimal engagement times.
The scientific approach embedded in Optimove’s CRM Marketing Platform will empower La Tinka to measure the incremental value of each player interaction. La Tinka will gain key capabilities via Optimove:
Advanced marketing AI capabilities: providing AI-driven insights, Creation, and Orchestration for better player understanding, streamlining or content creation, and optimizing campaign orchestration for enhanced personalized experiences across channels and player touchpoints.
Enriched customer profiles: Unifying all historical, predictive, and real-time customer data from sources such as CRM, service clouds, and data warehouses via Optimove to create a comprehensive single customer view.
Multichannel personalization and orchestration: Orchestrating hundreds of campaigns seamlessly by leveraging Optimove’s AI-mapped CRM Journeys to deliver personalized customer communications across any channel.
A continuous optimization loop: Leverage Optimove’s productized experimentation tools to measure the incremental uplift of each campaign, journey, and strategy to optimize CRM Marketing performance continuously.
“At La Tinka, our dedication to providing an outstanding player experience is unwavering,” said Maria Jose Alfaro, Digital Business Manager at La Tinka. “Optimove, as the industry leader in CRM Marketing, enables us to deliver better, more personalized, and timely player experiences that seamlessly align with the dynamic pace of player engagement with our sports content and casino gaming. Their AI-driven solutions help us determine the next best action for each player to map to every player’s journey. This collaboration reflects our commitment to exceeding our players’ expectations for meaningful experiences at every touchpoint.”
“Smart clients push us to excel, and we’re excited to join La Tinka on their rapid growth journey,” said Tomer Imber, Senior Director of Sales at Optimove. “The La Tinka team truly understands the power of experiences that delight and excite players as a growth engine for the business. As La Tinka focuses on attracting players and converting them at higher rates, we are committed to helping deepen their player engagement and cement long-term retention.”
Optimove will attend and exhibit at SBC Summit Rio, March 5-7, booth D46.
High 5 Games Honored with Two Prestigious Awards at the EKG Slot Awards
High 5 Games, a renowned leader in the casino gaming industry, is proud to announce the receipt of two highly respected awards at the EKG Slot Awards, presented by Eilers & Krejcik Gaming. The awards, “Top Sweepstakes Casino” for High 5 Casino and “Most Innovative Online Game” for Shadow of the Panther Infinity, spotlight High 5 Games’ commitment to excellence and innovation within the digital gaming sphere.
The “Top Sweepstakes Casino” award recognizes High 5 Casino’s exceptional performance and consumer engagement, particularly noting the platform’s expansive game library that exceeds over 1000 titles, cutting-edge technology, and dedication to responsible gaming.
The title of “Most Innovative Online Game” was captured by Shadow of the Panther Infinity, a game that has seamlessly transitioned from land-based popularity to online acclaim. This title features the innovative Racking Up Riches mechanic and the Infinity respins feature, bringing novel excitement to well-established game formats.
“Receiving ‘Top Sweepstakes Casino’ and ‘Most Innovative Online Game – Shadow of the Panther Infinity’ awards is a remarkable win for us. It is the recognition of our products and the impact they have on the industry. These awards inspire us to push the boundaries even further, innovating and elevating the online gaming experience for players around the world and contributing to the development of the iGaming sector as a whole,” said Tony Singer, CEO of High 5 Games.
- ACR POKER RETURNS ITS HIGH FIVE SERIES, AWARDING 20 SEATS TO RECORD-SETTING VENOM
- Leading Peruvian iGaming Operator La Tinka, Selects Optimove as CRM Marketing Solution to Accelerate Growth through Personalized Journey Orchestration
- High 5 Games Honored with Two Prestigious Awards at the EKG Slot Awards
- Asensi Technologies Appointed as Approved Agent by Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- KARA MATTHEW, BMM INNOVATION GROUP CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER, RECOGNIZED AMONG GLOBAL GAMING BUSINESS MAGAZINE’S “25 PEOPLE TO WATCH” IN GAMING
- March is Problem Gambling Awareness Month — Help Raise Awareness of Resources to Combat Problem Gambling
- American themed slots are increasingly popular
- 1/ST Announces $25 Million on the Line with Introduction of New Racing Series Linking Preakness 149, The California Crown and 2025 Pegasus World Cup
- EvenBet Gaming expands presence in Latin America with Betplay launch
- MGM Resorts & BetMGM Strengthen Relationship with Kindbridge
- Betfred USA Partners with U.S. Integrity
- Hard Rock International Unveils “WE ARE” Initiative with Director, Actress and Activist Eva Longoria and Charity Partners for International Women’s Month
- Altenar Boosts LatAm Presence with Uruguay Office
- NJ Attorney General Platkin Announces the Retirement of Division of Gaming Enforcement Director David Rebuck
- PRAGMATIC PLAY AND ECUABET SEAL BINGO PARTNERSHIP EXTENSION
Canada7 days ago
Push Gaming and NEO.bet roll out Ontario deal
Compliance Updates3 days ago
Scientific Games Testifies at Maryland House Ways and Means Hearing in Support of Proposed iLottery Legislation
Compliance Updates3 days ago
Jaime Rivera Emmanuelli, Former Executive Director of the Puerto Rico Gaming Commission, Joins Saiber LLC
Latest News4 days ago
Where does the Sport of Kings fit into the Brazilian market?
Latest News3 days ago
Clark County residents can bring a friend for free to Super Bingo $160,000 tournaments at the Plaza Hotel & Casino in March and April
Gambling in the USA4 days ago
PlayStar partners with Enteractive for reactivation campaigns
Press Releases6 days ago
“Playing at home”, Salsa showcases its solutions at SBC Summit Rio for the regulated market in Brazil
Canada6 days ago
Ellipse Entertainment Enters Geolocation Partnership with GeoLocs