Bragg Gaming Group, a global B2B gaming technology and content provider, today reported record financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. The Company also provided an update on its strategic growth initiatives and reiterated its full year 2022 revenue and Adjusted EBITDA guidance.
Summary of Q1 2022 Financial and Operational Highlights
|Euros (millions)||Q1 2022||Q1 2021||Change|
|Gross profit margin||51.8%||46.8%||490bps|
|Adjusted EBITDA margin||15.3%||16.5%||-120bps|
Note: Bragg’s reporting currency is Euros. The exchange rate provided for U.S. dollars is 1.056. Due to fluctuating currency exchange, this rate is provided for convenience only.
“Our momentum continued in the first quarter as the successful execution of our growth intiatives focused on offering more higher-margin proprietary and third-party exclusive games and our iGaming PAM, combined with ongoing expansion into new regulated iGaming markets, drove strong growth in our operating results,” said Yaniv Spielberg, Chief Strategy Officer for Bragg Gaming. “In the first quarter, we generated quarterly record revenue of EUR €19.4 million (USD $20.5 million), gross profit of EUR €10.0 million (USD $10.6 million), and Adjusted EBITDA of EUR €3.0 million (USD $3.2 million). These record financial results reflect, in part, growing revenue from higher gross margin in-house content and platform revenue which together drove record quarterly gross profit margin of 51.8%, an 80 basis point improvement over our prior gross profit margin record achieved in 4Q 2021. The record quarterly margin supports our confidence that we have the right operating plan in place to achieve our goal of growing gross profit margin to approximately 60% by 2024.
“The benefit of our initiative to offer more new propriety games and exclusive third-party online content is evident in the success of several recently introduced, internally developed games. Our newest games, Gold Party, Egyptian Magic and Fairy Dust, continue to perform well, with attractive, sustained player engagement. Going forward we will continue to execute on our detailed plan to customize many of the proprietary games we introduce, including the more than 35 new titles planned for this year, to address local market player preferences in Europe and North America, which we expect will generate attractive returns on our game development investments. At the same time, we continue to increase our exclusive content licensing agreements with leading game developers. With their strong performance and significantly higher margins compared to our aggregated content, our proprietary and exclusive third-party games initiative positions Bragg for continued revenue growth and the attainment of our margin growth goals.
“We also continue to significantly grow our presence in regulated global iGaming markets. Over the last 16 months, we have gone live with our iGaming content and/or platform in eight regulated European markets, including Portugal and the Czech Republic most recently, and marked our initial entry into the Americas with our content going live last month in Ontario with a Tier 1 operator, as well as the Bahamas late in Q1. We expect to grow our presence in Ontario over the next several months through aggreements with additional large, well-known operators. Our total addressable market (“TAM”) is now approximately USD $13.5 billion. We expect this to continue to grow as we go live in Italy and several U.S states later this year. We are on track to complete our acquisition of Spin Games later this month, upon receipt of the remaning required regulatory approval. Reflecting the substantial progress with our integration of Spin Games’ technology platform with our ORYX platform, our already completed submissions of these integrations for certification by various U.S. gaming laboratories, and Spin Games’ existing relationships with more than 30 U.S. iGaming operators, we expect to introduce our iGaming content in regulated U.S. markets very quickly following the close of the acquisition. Our content offerings and platform capabilities offer compelling solutions for operators and engaging iGaming content for players and are helping to drive our strong performance in the Netherlands since we went live there in late in 2021, as well as in other newer markets. As we further expand the markets we address, we expect to leverage our expertise and product and technology advantages to drive continued growth.”
Mr. Spielberg concluded, “We are off to a strong start to the year and while we are reiterating our guidance for 2022 full year revenue of EUR €68-72 million (USD $72-76 million) and Adjusted EBITDA of EUR €9.5-10.5 million (USD $10.0-11.1 million) given it is still very early in the year, we believe our continuing business momentum positions Bragg for the potential of another strong year of outperformance relative to this outlook. Finally, our attractive business model provides us with the flexibility to fund our aggressive new market expansion and proprietary game development growth initiatives through organic cash flow growth, which will support our goal of delivering new near- and long-term shareholder value.”
First Quarter 2022 Financial Results and other Key Metrics Highlights
Revenue increased by 36.4% to EUR €19.4 million (USD $20.5 million) in Q1 2022 compared to EUR €14.2 million (USD $15.0 million) in Q1 2021.
Wagering revenue generated by customers of EUR €3.8 billion (USD $4.0 billion) was in line with wagering revenue generated by customers of EUR €3.8 billion (USD $4.0 billion) in Q1 2021. Wagering revenue in Q1 2022 reflects changes in product mix towards PAM, managed services and proprietary content, which drove improved gross profit and Adjusted EBITDA.
Gross profit increased 50.7% to EUR €10.0 million (USD $10.6 million) from EUR €6.6 million (USD $7.0 million) in Q1 2021, reflecting higher revenue and a 490-basis point year over year margin improvement to 51.8%.
The margin expansion is primarily the result of the continued shift towards a higher proportion of revenues from iGaming and turnkey services, which have lower associated cost of sales when compared to games and content. The higher mix of iGaming revenues includes an increase in revenues from proprietary games which have no cost of sales.
Net loss for the period was EUR €0.7 million (USD $0.7 million), a decline from a net loss of EUR €1.1 million (USD $1.2 million) in Q1 2021, primarily due to higher gross profit and lower transactional costs, partially offset by an incremental increase in employee costs, professional fees, sales and marketing expense, and higher depreciation and amortization.
Adjusted EBITDA was EUR €3.0 million (USD $3.2 million), an increase of 26.2% compared to EUR €2.3 million (USD $2.4 million) in Q1 2021. Adjusted EBITDA margin decreased by 120 basis points to 15.3%, reflecting the Company’s higher investments in software development, product, and senior management functions to execute the growth initiatives implemented in mid-2021. The Adjusted EBITDA margin increased on a quarterly sequential basis by 550 basis points.
Cash and cash equivalents as of March 31, 2022 was EUR €18.4 million (USD $19.4 million).
Reiterates Full Year 2022 Revenue and Adjusted EBITDA Guidance
Bragg today reiterated its outlook for 2022 full year expected revenue of EUR €68-72 million (USD $72-76 million) and Adjusted EBITDA of EUR €9.5-10.5 million (USD $10.0-11.1 million). The midpoints of the 2022 revenue and Adjusted EBITDA guidance ranges represent growth of 20% and 39%, respectively, over the reported full year 2021 revenue and Adjusted EBITDA.
NorthStar Announces New Partnership Agreement with BettorView
NorthStar Gaming has announced that it has entered into a partnership agreement with BettorView that will enable NorthStar to engage with consumers in restaurants and bars across Ontario. The partnership provides NorthStar with the opportunity to further expand player acquisition across both sports wagering and online casino in a frictionless and convenient manner.
“Partnering with BettorView will fuel growth and expansion of the NorthStar Bets player base, while also increasing brand awareness amongst priority audiences. The restaurant and bar space is a great sector to reach target consumers who have a high propensity to wager and are often watching live sports and games in a social environment,” said Michael Moskowitz, Chair and CEO of NorthStar Gaming.
As BettorView’s first Canadian iGaming partner, NorthStar will be able to build brand awareness, drive consumer engagement and strengthen its presence in both restaurant and bar environments.
“NorthStar is the ideal partner for us to initiate our entry into Canada with our technology. Our technology allows our gaming and venue partners to customize and localize content so that it fully resonates for sports fans, while also educating them on sports betting and responsible gambling in general. As a Canadian-owned gaming brand with deep Ontario roots, NorthStar shares our appreciation for authentically reaching Ontario sports fans, and we’re proud to partner with them,” Javier Vargas, CEO of BettorView, said.
BettorView reaches consumers through a propriety plug-and-play solution that serves sports betting content to hundreds of venues through its patented technology. BettorView optimizes and customizes the consumer experience to ensure guests receive the most relevant sports and sports wagering information, leading them to spend more time on the platform. Just as importantly, BettorView has continued to extend its commitment to feature safe and responsible gambling content on all of its screens.
iGaming Ontario to Request Proposals for a Centralized Self-Exclusion Solution in Early 2024
iGaming Ontario (iGO)’s vision is to lead the world’s best gaming market, which includes building a safer and more enjoyable experience for all igaming players in Ontario. To support players who decide to stop or take a break from gambling, iGO is going to issue a request for proposals (RFP) in early 2024 for a centralized self-exclusion solution that will enable a player to self-exclude from all Ontario regulated igaming operators in a single registration process.
Given the coordinated nature of the program across all regulated igaming operators, including Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG)’s igaming site, the successful bidder will be expected to develop and implement a centralized self-exclusion system that integrates with all operator systems and supports players’ self-exclusion registration, renewal, and reinstatement.
The following are iGO’s principles for centralized self-exclusion:
PLAYER FOCUSED – to provide options to players to support their commitment to take a break, to ensure processes are easy to use with minimal barriers and challenges, and to offer a seamless connection to relevant support services.
SUPPORTIVE – to deliver and execute the program in a non-stigmatized, non-judgmental manner; to be supportive and encouraging so that players feel good about registering in self-exclusion.
TRANSPARENT – to ensure expectations and consequences for players and Operators are clear and information is comprehensive and well-promoted.
SECURE – to ensure player information is securely protected and shared only with relevant employees for the purposes of administering the program.
ROBUST – to implement strong processes and procedures bolstered by secure, responsive, and highly available technology to enable an effective program that supports a player’s goals.
VIABLE – to develop systems and procedures that are manageable and practical for Operators to implement.
With these principles in mind, iGO is seeking interest from responsive and nimble companies that are able to build modern, innovative, secure cloud-based SaaS solutions that are high-profile, public-facing and critically important to building and maintaining the trust and confidence of a wide range of stakeholders. The successful bidder will partner with iGO on a multi-year program to develop best-in-class user experiences by leveraging modern, innovative technology.
Some features for an effective centralized self-exclusion solution include:
- Allowing players to create and manage their self-exclusion profile and including Know Your Client (KYC) identity verification
- Providing players with easy access to self-exclusion at any time including while they are gambling on any regulated igaming website
- Having registration, renewal, and reinstatement processes that are intuitive, simple and offer supporting information.
Rivalry Corp Reports Record Third Quarter 2023 Results, Reaffirms H1 2024 Profit Guidance
Company achieves record Q3 against reduced marketing spend and flattened Opex, highlighting operating leverage; strongest customer KPI’s on a year-to-date basis in Rivalry Corp’s history; positioned to accelerate growth with recently announced $14M capital infusion
- Betting handle of $105.7 million, up 50% year-over-year, while reducing marketing spend 13%.
- Revenue of $8.7 million, a 22% increase year-over-year.
- Gross profit of $4.0 million, up 90% year-over-year.
- Casino has grown to approximately half of the company’s betting handle in Q3, demonstrating ability to cross-sell next generation bettors and drive growth against unseasonably low viewership in select Q3 eSports events.
- Year-to-date customer KPI’s the strongest in company history: all-time high average handle per customer, average revenue per user and record low cost of customer acquisition.
- Year-to-date betting handle has increased 127%, revenue by 70% and gross profit up 175% over the first nine months of 2022. Achieved while reducing marketing spend, highlighting the inherent operating leverage in the business.
- Subsequent to the quarter end, Rivalry Corp completed a $14 million capital infusion that strengthens the balance sheet and provides the company with capital to pursue growth and profitability at the same time.
- Company re-affirms guidance, anticipates achieving profitability in H1 2024.
- Announces virtual investor day to be held on January 17, 2024.
Rivalry Corp (TSXV: RVLY) (OTCQX: RVLCF) (FSE: 9VK), the leading sportsbook and iGaming operator for Millennials and Gen Z, today announced its financial results for the three and nine-month periods ended September 30, 2023. All dollar figures are quoted in Canadian dollars.
“We are proud to have delivered a record third quarter while exercising discipline on costs amidst a challenging capital markets environment for growth companies,” the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer for Rivalry Corp, Steven Salz, said. “Now, with our recently announced capital infusion, we will be able to go back on the offensive, while still maintaining our path to profitability.
“Years of consistent performance, flattened Opex multiple quarters in a row, demonstrated triple-digit growth year-over-year across core metrics year-to-date with all-time high average handle per customer, average revenue per user and record low cost of customer acquisition over that same period gives me high conviction in Rivalry Corp’s future. It is this proven operating leverage, supported by an improving sportsbook margin profile resulting in more revenue per dollar wagered now fuelled by growth capital, that is creating a significant opportunity set for Rivalry Corp. It is that combination which gives us confidence to reaffirm our first half 2024 profitability guidance.”
Third Quarter 2023 Highlights:
- Betting handle for Q3 2023 was $105.7 million, an increase of $35.4 million or 50% from $70.3 million in Q3 2022.
- Revenue was $8.7 million in Q3 2023, a record result for a third quarter, representing an increase of $1.6 million or 22% from $7.1 million of revenue in Q3 2022.
- Gross profit was $4.0 million in Q3 2023, an increase of $1.9 million or 90% from $2.1 million of gross profit in Q3 2022.
- The casino segment generated approximately half of total betting handle ($50.4 million). Recent casino product launches including a custom-branded slots category, a new original game Cash & Dash and the release of Casino.exe on our iOS mobile app in Ontario set the stage for continued growth and increased player wallet share.
- Modest decline in operating expenses sequentially continues the trend of effective cost management while still maintaining significant year-over-year growth rates at the company.
- Net loss was $5.6 million for Q3 2023, a 6% reduction from the net loss of $6.0 million in Q3 2022 and 12% decrease sequentially.
- Rivalry Corp launched an industry-first same-game parlay product for eSports within the quarter, supporting an improved sportsbook product mix and contributing to an enhanced margin profile.
- The company had $7.4 million of cash and no debt as at September 30, 2023.
- On November 15, 2023, Rivalry Corp strengthened its balance sheet with the announcement of a private placement offering of $14 million principal amount senior secured convertible debentures to scale several strategic verticals across marketing, product development and geographic expansion.
Year-to-Date 2023 Highlights:
- Betting handle for the nine-month period ended September 30, 2023 was $338.1 million, an increase of $189.2 million or 127% from $148.9 million in the comparable period of 2022 while marketing spend decreased by 8%.
- Revenue was $29.2 million in the first nine months of 2023, representing an increase of $12.0 million or 70% from $17.2 million of revenue the previous year.
- Gross profit was $13.2 million in the first nine months of 2023, an increase of $8.4 million or 175% from $4.8 million of gross profit a year earlier.
- Net loss of $15.2 million in the nine-month period ended September 30, 2023, a reduction of $3.6 million compared to a net loss of $18.8 million over the same period in 2022.
Rivalry Corp is pleased to announce a virtual investor day to be held at 10:00am EST on January 17, 2024. The company will discuss its outlook for 2024, growth initiatives, upcoming product innovations and insights into the Gen Z consumer. More details will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Investor Conference Call:
Management will host a conference call at 10:00am EST on Wednesday, November 29, 2023 to discuss the company’s third quarter 2023 financial results.
- Dial-in: 888-886-7786 (toll free) or (+1) 416-764-8658 (local or international calls).
- Webcast: A live webcast can be accessed from the Events section of the company’s website at www. RivalryCorp .com. A replay of the webcast will be archived on the company’s website for one year.
Rivalry Corp’s financial statements and management discussion and analysis for the period ended September 30, 2023 are available on SEDAR+ at www. SedarPlus.ca and on the company’s website at www. RivalryCorp .com.
The company also announces that it has approved a grant of stock options, pursuant to the terms of the company’s equity incentive plan, to an investor relations service provider. A total of 44,444 stock options have been awarded to such investor relations service provider. The stock options will be exercisable at an exercise price equal to the closing price of the subordinate voting shares on the TSX Venture Exchange two trading days following the issuance of this press release, for a period of five years from the date of the grant. The stock options vest in equal quarterly instalments over a period of twelve months, commencing on the three-month anniversary of the date of the grant.
- United States Debut for Evolution’s Crazy Coin Flip and Super Sic Bo
- The Game Awards 2023: The Rise of eSports from Start to Finish
- GLI Named Approved Data Standards Auditing Body by IBIA
- Playtech Opens the Eagerly Awaited Third State-of-the-Art Live Casino Facility in Pennsylvania
- 66 US & International Lotteries Raise Awareness About Risks of Youth Gambling This Holiday Season
- Galaxy Gaming and Pragmatic Play Expand Licensing Agreement
- Koin Appoints Scott Carcillo as Chief Commercial Officer
- HALLO Compliance Network to Discuss Sports Integrity in the US
- XTC Token’s Exclusive Private Sale – Unlocking the Future of Online Gaming and DeFi” Token Private Sale
- Pace-O-Matic Granted Access to Additional Eckert Seamans Logs
- ILLINOIS LOTTERY REMINDS PLAYERS ‘TIS THE SEASON TO GIFT RESPONSIBLY
- ACR POKER EXPANDS ITS GROUNDBREAKING SECURITY INNOVATION TO SELECT PLO 4 GAMES
- Online Gambling Market Size Worth USD 184.28 Billion in 2032 | Emergen Research
- After Unanimous Commonwealth Court Victory, POM of PA Amends Second Commonwealth Court Complaint Aimed at Corruption by State and Local Government Agencies and “Team Casino”
- Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court Unanimously and Definitively Rules Pennsylvania Skill, powered by Pace-O-Matic, a Legal Game of Skill
Compliance Updates6 days ago
Jackpot Digital Receives License to Install Three Jackpot Blitz(R) ETGs at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort in California
Gaming6 days ago
Gamescom Latam Set to Start in June 2024 in São Paulo
Industry News6 days ago
Kindred Group Announces North America Exit and Actions to Accelerate Profitable Growth
Canada6 days ago
iGaming Ontario to Request Proposals for a Centralized Self-Exclusion Solution in Early 2024
eSports7 days ago
Gillette named as the Official Partner of the Esports Awards
eSports6 days ago
Global Esports Federation Reveals Season 4 of Global Esports Tour from Rio De Janeiro
Latest News7 days ago
EveryMatrix partners with Caesars Digital
Canada6 days ago
Rivalry Corp Reports Record Third Quarter 2023 Results, Reaffirms H1 2024 Profit Guidance