The global online gambling market size was USD 63.53 Billion in 2022 and is expected to register a steady revenue CAGR of 11.3% during the forecast period, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. Rising demand for online gambling, due to convenience and accessibility for players is a key factor driving market revenue growth. Online gambling is the act of playing chance games or betting on various events over the Internet. Players can use their devices to access these platforms and enjoy a wide variety of games and betting possibilities from anywhere at any time. Online gambling encompasses casino games, such as slots and poker, as well as sports betting on activities including football or horse racing. Online gambling platforms are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, making these ideal for gamers with hectic schedules.
In addition, increasing Internet penetration and rising usage of mobile phones among individuals are other key factors driving revenue growth of the market. Mobile-optimized games with touch-screen controls are prevalent in virtual casinos, catering to the interests of handheld device users. Social media channels are used by online casinos to actively engage with players. Moreover, online gaming platforms are more feature-rich, with better visuals and faster load times, which provides players with a more intense and lifelike experience, hence driving market revenue growth. However, gambling addiction is a severe problem that affects a large number of people, and it can lead to financial difficulties, social isolation, and even depression, which could restrain market revenue growth. People who are addicted to online gambling may spend a significant amount of money even when they cannot afford it.
Scope of Research
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 63.53 Billion
|Revenue Forecast To 2032
|USD 184.28 Billion
|Base Year For Estimation
|Revenue in USD Billion and CAGR in % from 2023 to 2032
|Revenue forecast, company ranking, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends
|Type of gambling, platform type, gaming model, mode of payment, and region
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
|U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Benelux, Rest of Europe, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of APAC, Brazil, Rest of LATAM, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, Turkey, and Rest of Middle East & Africa
|Key Companies Profiled
|Bet365, 888 Holdings Plc, Betway, Flutter Entertainment plc, Bwin, unibet, Playtech, Microgaming, NetEnt AB, Evolution AB, IGT, NOVOMATIC AG, Scientific Games, Yggdrasil Gaming Ltd, Pragmatic Play, Play’n GO, BETSSON AB, StarsGroup .com, Kindred Group plc, and Entain
|10 hours of free customization and expert consultation
Major Companies and Competitive Landscape
The global online gambling market is fragmented with large and medium-sized market players accounting for the majority of revenue. Major players are deploying various strategies, entering into mergers and acquisitions, strategic agreements and contracts, developing, testing, and introducing more effective gambling solutions in the market. Some major players included in the global online gambling market report are:
- 888 Holdings Plc.
- Flutter Entertainment plc.
- NetEnt AB
- Evolution AB
- NOVOMATIC AG
- Scientific Games
- Yggdrasil Gaming Ltd.
- Pragmatic Play
- Play’n GO
- BETSSON AB
- StarsGroup .com
- Kindred Group plc.
- On 17 August 2023, MGM Resorts International announced the debut of its BetMGM iGaming and online sports betting brand in the UK, marking the beginning of MGM Resorts’ strategy to grow the BetMGM brand into international markets. The new international BetMGM-branded product makes use of LeoVegas’ technology and platform, which was acquired by MGM Resorts last year.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- The casino gambling segment accounted for largest revenue share in the global online gambling market in 2022. This is due to rising demand for online casinos since these allow to avoid all of the unnecessary inconveniences while playing from the comfort of home w. Online casinos are regulated by regulatory authorities to ensure fair gaming practices, giving players a safe and trustworthy atmosphere to enjoy their favorite games, as a result, players can focus on the fun of online gambling without worrying about security of their transactions or. In addition, online casinos provide several bonuses to new players who join the site, as well as daily promotions to keep things exciting for returning players, which is also expected to drive revenue growth of this segment during the forecast period.
- The sports betting segment is expected to register steadily fast revenue growth rate in the global online gambling market during the forecast period due to rising demand for online sports betting among individuals. This real-time action adds a new level of excitement to the game, allowing individuals to react to changing conditions and make smart decisions. Live streaming of sports and matches is frequently accessible, allowing one to carefully follow the action and improve betting experience.
- The Europe market accounted for largest revenue share in the global online gambling market in 2022. This is attributed to rising mobile gaming apps and mobile-responsive websites, which has made it easy for individuals to gamble on the go. In addition, shift toward more favorable regulations for online gambling in countries, such as Germany and the UK, is another factor driving market revenue growth of this region. For instance, on 1 July 2021, the new State Treaty on Gambling entered into force, which enable online slot machine games, Internet casinos, and online poker in Germany.
Emergen Research has segmented the global online gambling market on the basis of type of gambling, platform type, gaming model, mode of payment, and region:
- Type of Gambling Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2032)
- Casino Gambling
- Slot Machines
- Table Games
- Sports Betting
- Lottery and Scratch Cards
- eSports Betting
- Fantasy Sports
- Social Gaming
- Casino Gambling
- Platform Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2032)
- Gaming Model Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2032)
- Real Money Gambling
- Free Play
- Mode of Payment Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2032)
- Credit/Debit Cards
- Bank Transfers
- Prepaid Cards
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2032)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Pace-O-Matic Wins Landmark Texas Court Case: A Victory for Small Business Owners and Community Organizations
Pace-O-Matic, the industry leader in skill-based games, today announced a significant legal victory in Texas, affirming the legality of its skill-based games. This ruling, issued Tuesday evening by State District Judge Laurine Blake, emphasized that such games are not considered gambling under Texas law. The ruling represents a triumph for small business owners, bar owners, and fraternal organizations who rely on these games to attract customers and support their businesses.
Michael Barley, Chief Public Affairs Officer at Pace-O-Matic, stated, “This ruling is a monumental victory for the small businesses and community organizations that have been able to thrive thanks to skill-based gaming. Our commitment to providing legal, enjoyable, and skill-based gaming options has once again been validated by the courts.”
This legal win underscores Pace-O-Matic’s dedication to fostering a responsible gaming environment while supporting local economies and community groups.
For more information visit Pace-O-Matic
AGA to Host State of the Industry Presentation, Release Report on Record-Breaking 2023 Commercial Gaming Revenue
The American Gaming Association (AGA) will hold its annual State of the Industry presentation with AGA President and CEO Bill Miller today, February 20 at 11:30 AM ET/8:30 AM PT.
During the presentation, the AGA will release full-year 2023 commercial gaming revenue numbers, discuss gaming’s third consecutive record-setting revenue year, provide analysis on the current gaming landscape, and preview AGA priorities for 2024.
Media are invited to a press call immediately following the presentation for Q&A.
What: AGA State of the Industry: Gaming’s Look Ahead & 2023 Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker Release
Who: AGA President and CEO Bill Miller and Vice President, Research David Forman
When: Today, February 20, 2024 at 11:30 AM ET/8:30 AM PT
Where: WEBINAR REGISTRATION | PRESS CALL REGISTRATION
For questions about this event or AGA’s Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker, contact [email protected].
AGA’s Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker provides state-by-state and cumulative insight into the U.S. commercial gaming industry’s financial performance based on state revenue reports. This issue highlights full-year 2023 figures and Q4 2023 results. Tribal gaming revenue is released annually by the National Indian Gaming Commission.
35 states and the District of Columbia featured operational commercial gaming markets in 2023, including casino gaming, sports betting and iGaming.
AGA’s State of Play Map charts gaming’s economic impact, industry regulations and casino locations on a state-by-state basis for both the commercial and tribal gaming sectors.
2023 Commercial Gaming Revenue Reaches $66.5B, Marking Third-Straight Year of Record Revenue
Industry Contributes All-Time High $14.4B in State and Local Gaming Taxes.
U.S. commercial gaming revenue reached an annual record of $66.5 billion in 2023, according to the American Gaming Association’s (AGA) Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker. The total surpasses 2022’s previous high of $60.5 billion by 10 percent, marking the industry’s third-straight record revenue year.
The year was punctuated by all-time high quarterly revenue of $17.4 billion in Q4 2023, anchored by $6.2 billion in revenue in December, the highest grossing month in industry history.
“From the traditional casino experience to online options, American adults’ demand for gaming is at an all-time high,” said AGA President and CEO Bill Miller. “Sustaining our momentum will take unified industry efforts around combating pernicious illegal operators and growing responsible gambling efforts in tandem with the growth of the legal market—both of which the AGA is committed to lead on throughout 2024.”
The commercial gaming industry continues to evolve, with online gaming making up nearly one-quarter (24.7%) of nationwide commercial gaming revenue in 2023, a new annual high. Looking at each sector:
Traditional Gaming: Brick-and-mortar casino slots and table games grossed a record $49.4 billion in 2023, up 3.3 percent over 2022. On a state level, 19 out of 27 traditional gaming markets saw record annual revenue.
Sports Betting: In 2023, sports betting achieved new records for handle ($119.8B) and sportsbook revenue ($10.9B), up 27.8 and 44.5 percent respectively. This growth was largely fueled by continued maturation across most existing markets as well as several new markets, particularly in Massachusetts and Ohio.
iGaming: 2023 online casino revenue grew 22.9 percent year-over-year to $6.2 billion in the six states with full-scale legal iGaming.
In 2023, 12 of the top 20 commercial casino gaming markets reported revenue growth compared to the previous year, with the top market—the Las Vegas Strip—seeing the strongest year-over-year gains. New Jersey maintained its spot as the second-highest grossing market, while Chicagoland (third) flipped rankings with the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. market (fourth) and Mississippi Gulf Coast (fifth) rounded out the top five.
The commercial gaming industry also contributed more to state and local governments’ coffers than ever in 2023. Throughout the year, commercial gaming operators paid an estimated $14.4 billion in direct gaming revenue taxes, an increase of 9.7 percent year-over-year. The industry also contributes billions of additional tax dollars to states each year in the form of income, sales, payroll and various other corporate taxes.
“Gaming’s success translates directly to the success of the states, cities and towns in which we operate,” continued Miller. “We are proud to be in 47 U.S. jurisdictions, acting as economic drivers, creating jobs and providing the funding that makes critical public education programs, infrastructure projects, problem gambling resources and more possible.”
Miller will make additional remarks on full-year 2023 commercial gaming revenue figures and preview AGA’s priorities for the year ahead in AGA’s annual State of the Industry webinar on Feb. 20 at 11:30 AM ET/8:30 AM PT.
For additional information about (AGA) Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker visit americangaming.org
For registration visit bigmarker.com
- Pace-O-Matic Wins Landmark Texas Court Case: A Victory for Small Business Owners and Community Organizations
- SharpLink Gaming Announces Board and Audit Committee Changes
- SIS and Bet365 Launch Fixed-Odds Horse Racing in Colorado
- WA.Technology Sets Sights on SBC Summit Rio 2024
- NJDGE Closes its Investigation of Evolution AB with No Further Action
- Gen.G and University of Kentucky Bring Back Award Winning Conference “Campus Takeover” Designed to Drive the Future of Collegiate Esports
- SCCG Spotlights Client Partner SlotZombie on the Verge of Hitting 10,000 Users, Showcasing SCCG’s Strategic Support and Expertise
- Continent 8 Technologies expands with strategic sales professionals focusing on South/Central American markets
- PRAGMATIC PLAY SET FOR SBC RIO APPEARANCE TO KICKSTART 2024 LATAM EXHIBITIONS
- SoftGamings Heads to SBC Summit
- AGA to Host State of the Industry Presentation, Release Report on Record-Breaking 2023 Commercial Gaming Revenue
- 2023 Commercial Gaming Revenue Reaches $66.5B, Marking Third-Straight Year of Record Revenue
- Legacy Fantasy Sports Launches On-Demand Daily Fantasy Sports and Wins Best Product Experience Award at the 2024 Fantasy Sports & Gaming Association Winter Conference
- BEAST TOURNEY RUNS SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 25TH, AWARDING 30 SEATS TO RECORD-SETTING $12.5 MILLION VENOM
- SGG Media & Pro League Network Announce Social Media Sports Partnership
Latest News6 days ago
*MEDIA ALERT* CAESARS DIGITAL AND AGS UNVEIL EXCLUSIVE RAKIN’ BACON ODYSSEY SLOT AT CAESARS ATLANTIC CITY
Compliance Updates7 days ago
GLI® First Lab to Achieve Online Gaming, Wagering, and Retail Sports Betting Accreditation by the General Directorate of Casino Games and Slots Machines of Peru
Compliance Updates5 days ago
Supremeland Gaming Moves into the United States Gaming Market After Gaining Landmark Approval in Pennsylvania
Compliance Updates6 days ago
Ensuring Integrity and Innovation in Tribal Gaming: A Look into the Latest Licensing and Renewals
Latest News7 days ago
PRAGMATIC PLAY TAKES MULTI-PRODUCT OFFERING LIVE WITH BETNACIONAL IN BRAZIL
Latest News5 days ago
Full Pull Unveils Groundbreaking Legal Gaming Offering and Digital Hub for Truck and Tractor Pulling Events
Latest News2 days ago
Kambi Group plc and Penn Entertainment Incorporated Extend Retail Sportsbook Platform Agreement Through 2025
Lottery6 days ago
IWG Relaunches with Georgia Lottery Corporation