Full-service betting and gaming platform provider Sportingtech has cemented its status across Latin America with another notable appearance at this year’s SBC Summit Latinoamérica.
The full power of Sportingtech’s solutions for casino, sportsbook and retail were on display throughout the Miami event as the brand highlighted its standing across LatAm.
The provider’s comprehensive and nuanced platform is recognised as the leading provider across the entire LatAm region, with continued growth expected in 2024 as planned regulation comes into effect.
The event was rounded off in memorable fashion as Sportingtech scooped another industry award, taking gold for Platform Provider of the Year.
This win quickly follows a triumph at this year’s SBC Awards, winning the award for Multi-Channel Supplier, further highlighting the trust placed in the brand’s products and solutions by the industry’s leading operators.
The past 12 months have seen Sportingtech’s platform become more enhanced thanks to several product roll-outs. New features include the integration of additional markets to its Bet Builder feature and the roll-out of Share-a-Bet, which capitalises on the growing rise of influencer marketing in sports betting.
Dan Stone, Marketing Director at Sportingtech, said: “We are undoubtedly at the head of the table in the LatAm market, thanks to our outstanding products and solutions, as well as our vast knowledge on the complex regulatory scene, meaning that operators in the region can rely on us to deliver unrivalled experiences.
“Winning Platform Provider of the Year caps off 2023 in the best possible way, and it is a credit to every person in our company who all contribute to our continued success. I’m sure 2024 will bring yet more exciting opportunities for us to further showcase our ability to make a significant impact for our customers and take their businesses to the next level.”
ILLINOIS LOTTERY REMINDS PLAYERS ‘TIS THE SEASON TO GIFT RESPONSIBLY
With the holiday gift-giving season underway, the Illinois Lottery is reminding players that lottery games are for grown-ups – not kids.
This holiday season, the Illinois Lottery is once again partnering with the Illinois Council on Problem Gambling(ICPG) in the Gift Responsibly Campaign. The annual holiday campaign, spearheaded by the National Council on Problem Gambling, is designed to increase public awareness of the impact and inappropriateness of giving lottery products as gifts to minors.
“Lottery products, especially Instant Tickets, are a popular gift during the holiday season but they are not an appropriate gift for those under the age of 18,” said Harold Mays, Illinois Lottery Director. “Responsible gaming is an integral part of the Illinois Lottery, and we are pleased to once again support the Gift Responsibly Campaign this holiday season by reminding players that lottery games are for adults only.”
The Illinois Lottery joins a network of more than 80 national and international lotteries encouraging players to gamble responsibly and to help keep the holiday season festive by gifting lottery tickets only to adults. Non-lottery organizations are also participating in the campaign as an effort to increase awareness of the risks of underage lottery play during the holiday season.
“Studies have shown that gambling at an early age can increase the risk of problem gambling later in life, including a strong association between age of gambling onset and problem gambling severity among those who receive lottery tickets,” said Dave Wohl, Executive Director at ICPG. “We value our partnership with the Illinois Lottery and applaud their commitment to raise awareness about the risks of youth gambling through the Gift Responsibly Campaign.”
In addition to the Gift Responsibly campaign, the Illinois Lottery promotes responsible play year round by reminding players to Be Smart, Play Smart®. Players are encouraged to play for fun, not funds, and to set a budget and stick to it. For more information on how to play and gift responsibly, please go to the Illinois Lottery website and visit the Responsible Gaming page.
If you or someone you know may be experiencing problems when playing lottery games, please call 1-800-GAMBLER. This toll-free helpline is answered by trained specialists 24/7/365.
Online Gambling Market Size Worth USD 184.28 Billion in 2032 | Emergen Research
The global online gambling market size was USD 63.53 Billion in 2022 and is expected to register a steady revenue CAGR of 11.3% during the forecast period, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. Rising demand for online gambling, due to convenience and accessibility for players is a key factor driving market revenue growth. Online gambling is the act of playing chance games or betting on various events over the Internet. Players can use their devices to access these platforms and enjoy a wide variety of games and betting possibilities from anywhere at any time. Online gambling encompasses casino games, such as slots and poker, as well as sports betting on activities including football or horse racing. Online gambling platforms are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, making these ideal for gamers with hectic schedules.
In addition, increasing Internet penetration and rising usage of mobile phones among individuals are other key factors driving revenue growth of the market. Mobile-optimized games with touch-screen controls are prevalent in virtual casinos, catering to the interests of handheld device users. Social media channels are used by online casinos to actively engage with players. Moreover, online gaming platforms are more feature-rich, with better visuals and faster load times, which provides players with a more intense and lifelike experience, hence driving market revenue growth. However, gambling addiction is a severe problem that affects a large number of people, and it can lead to financial difficulties, social isolation, and even depression, which could restrain market revenue growth. People who are addicted to online gambling may spend a significant amount of money even when they cannot afford it.
Scope of Research
|Market Size in 2022||USD 63.53 Billion|
|Revenue Forecast To 2032||USD 184.28 Billion|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Quantitative Units||Revenue in USD Billion and CAGR in % from 2023 to 2032|
|Report Coverage||Revenue forecast, company ranking, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends|
|Segments Covered||Type of gambling, platform type, gaming model, mode of payment, and region|
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa|
|Country Scope||U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Benelux, Rest of Europe, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of APAC, Brazil, Rest of LATAM, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, Turkey, and Rest of Middle East & Africa|
|Key Companies Profiled||Bet365, 888 Holdings Plc, Betway, Flutter Entertainment plc, Bwin, unibet, Playtech, Microgaming, NetEnt AB, Evolution AB, IGT, NOVOMATIC AG, Scientific Games, Yggdrasil Gaming Ltd, Pragmatic Play, Play’n GO, BETSSON AB, StarsGroup .com, Kindred Group plc, and Entain|
|Customization Scope||10 hours of free customization and expert consultation|
Major Companies and Competitive Landscape
The global online gambling market is fragmented with large and medium-sized market players accounting for the majority of revenue. Major players are deploying various strategies, entering into mergers and acquisitions, strategic agreements and contracts, developing, testing, and introducing more effective gambling solutions in the market. Some major players included in the global online gambling market report are:
- 888 Holdings Plc.
- Flutter Entertainment plc.
- NetEnt AB
- Evolution AB
- NOVOMATIC AG
- Scientific Games
- Yggdrasil Gaming Ltd.
- Pragmatic Play
- Play’n GO
- BETSSON AB
- StarsGroup .com
- Kindred Group plc.
- On 17 August 2023, MGM Resorts International announced the debut of its BetMGM iGaming and online sports betting brand in the UK, marking the beginning of MGM Resorts’ strategy to grow the BetMGM brand into international markets. The new international BetMGM-branded product makes use of LeoVegas’ technology and platform, which was acquired by MGM Resorts last year.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- The casino gambling segment accounted for largest revenue share in the global online gambling market in 2022. This is due to rising demand for online casinos since these allow to avoid all of the unnecessary inconveniences while playing from the comfort of home w. Online casinos are regulated by regulatory authorities to ensure fair gaming practices, giving players a safe and trustworthy atmosphere to enjoy their favorite games, as a result, players can focus on the fun of online gambling without worrying about security of their transactions or. In addition, online casinos provide several bonuses to new players who join the site, as well as daily promotions to keep things exciting for returning players, which is also expected to drive revenue growth of this segment during the forecast period.
- The sports betting segment is expected to register steadily fast revenue growth rate in the global online gambling market during the forecast period due to rising demand for online sports betting among individuals. This real-time action adds a new level of excitement to the game, allowing individuals to react to changing conditions and make smart decisions. Live streaming of sports and matches is frequently accessible, allowing one to carefully follow the action and improve betting experience.
- The Europe market accounted for largest revenue share in the global online gambling market in 2022. This is attributed to rising mobile gaming apps and mobile-responsive websites, which has made it easy for individuals to gamble on the go. In addition, shift toward more favorable regulations for online gambling in countries, such as Germany and the UK, is another factor driving market revenue growth of this region. For instance, on 1 July 2021, the new State Treaty on Gambling entered into force, which enable online slot machine games, Internet casinos, and online poker in Germany.
Emergen Research has segmented the global online gambling market on the basis of type of gambling, platform type, gaming model, mode of payment, and region:
- Type of Gambling Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2032)
- Casino Gambling
- Slot Machines
- Table Games
- Sports Betting
- Lottery and Scratch Cards
- eSports Betting
- Fantasy Sports
- Social Gaming
- Casino Gambling
- Platform Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2032)
- Gaming Model Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2032)
- Real Money Gambling
- Free Play
- Mode of Payment Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2032)
- Credit/Debit Cards
- Bank Transfers
- Prepaid Cards
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2032)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Gamescom Latam Set to Start in June 2024 in São Paulo
On 26 June 2024, the starting pistol will be fired in São Paulo for the first gamescom latam, the new gamescom satellite event for all of South America. This was announced at an event in Brazil by the involved partners: game – The German Games Industry Association, Koelnmesse, BIG Festival, and Omelete Company.
Following gamescom asia, which has been taking place in Singapore since 2021, gamescom latam will be gamescom’s second international satellite event. It integrates BIG Festival, which is popular with the games community in South America and drew around 50,000 attendees in 2023. gamescom latam is aimed at both the gaming community and trade visitors, with respective areas for each target group.
“The international importance of gamescom grew significantly again in 2023, as its impressive reach and the on-site presence of leading figures in the industry demonstrate. We’re convinced that, more than ever, the games industry needs events that are gathering places for the entire games ecosystem. With the magnetic power of its international brand, gamescom can help make this happen. So we’re very excited to be putting on gamescom latam together with our partners in the coming year to bring the unique festival feeling of the world’s largest games event to South America,” Felix Falk, Managing Director of game, said.
“With our events abroad, we accompany our customers to the most important growth markets worldwide. After gamescom asia, gamescom latam is by no means a competitor to the successful original event in Cologne, but rather an ideal addition to our international portfolio,” Gerald Böse, CEO of Koelnmesse, said.
gamescom latam will take place from 26 to 30 June 2024 at the São Paulo Expo Exhibition & Convention Center.
- United States Debut for Evolution’s Crazy Coin Flip and Super Sic Bo
- The Game Awards 2023: The Rise of eSports from Start to Finish
- GLI Named Approved Data Standards Auditing Body by IBIA
- Playtech Opens the Eagerly Awaited Third State-of-the-Art Live Casino Facility in Pennsylvania
- 66 US & International Lotteries Raise Awareness About Risks of Youth Gambling This Holiday Season
- Galaxy Gaming and Pragmatic Play Expand Licensing Agreement
- Koin Appoints Scott Carcillo as Chief Commercial Officer
- HALLO Compliance Network to Discuss Sports Integrity in the US
- XTC Token’s Exclusive Private Sale – Unlocking the Future of Online Gaming and DeFi” Token Private Sale
- Pace-O-Matic Granted Access to Additional Eckert Seamans Logs
- ILLINOIS LOTTERY REMINDS PLAYERS ‘TIS THE SEASON TO GIFT RESPONSIBLY
- ACR POKER EXPANDS ITS GROUNDBREAKING SECURITY INNOVATION TO SELECT PLO 4 GAMES
- Online Gambling Market Size Worth USD 184.28 Billion in 2032 | Emergen Research
- After Unanimous Commonwealth Court Victory, POM of PA Amends Second Commonwealth Court Complaint Aimed at Corruption by State and Local Government Agencies and “Team Casino”
- Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court Unanimously and Definitively Rules Pennsylvania Skill, powered by Pace-O-Matic, a Legal Game of Skill
Compliance Updates5 days ago
Jackpot Digital Receives License to Install Three Jackpot Blitz(R) ETGs at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort in California
Gaming5 days ago
Gamescom Latam Set to Start in June 2024 in São Paulo
Industry News5 days ago
Kindred Group Announces North America Exit and Actions to Accelerate Profitable Growth
Canada5 days ago
iGaming Ontario to Request Proposals for a Centralized Self-Exclusion Solution in Early 2024
eSports7 days ago
Gillette named as the Official Partner of the Esports Awards
eSports5 days ago
Global Esports Federation Reveals Season 4 of Global Esports Tour from Rio De Janeiro
Latest News7 days ago
EveryMatrix partners with Caesars Digital
Canada6 days ago
Rivalry Corp Reports Record Third Quarter 2023 Results, Reaffirms H1 2024 Profit Guidance