Bill C-218, the Safe and Regulated Sports Betting Act, wrapped up two days of witness testimony with the Senate’s Banking, Trade and Commerce Committee. After the final witnesses appeared, the Committee proceeded to a clause-by-clause consideration of the Bill, which will be referred back to the Senate on Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
- Paul Burns, President & CEO, Canadian Gaming Association
- Randy Ambrosie, Commissioner, Canadian Football League
- Chief Gina Deer, Mohawk Council of Kahanwà:ke
- Chief Ross Montour, Mohawk Counsel of Kahnawà:ke
- Zane Hansen, President & CEO, Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority
- Dave Phillips, COO, Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- Shelley White, CEO of the Responsible Gambling Council
- Stewart Groumoutis, Director eGaming, British Columbia Lottery Corporation
- Dr. Jamie Wiebe, Director Player Health, British Columbia Lottery Corporation
- Donald Bourgeois, Gaming Lawyer, Gaming & Regulation Group Inc
- Paul Melia, President & CEO, Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport
Submissions were also made from several organizations including the Alberta Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Corporation.