Jamul Casino, one of San Diego’s top destinations for exceptional entertainment, outstanding cuisine, and exquisite events, has become the winner in seven categories of the San Diego Union-Tribune’s 25th annual Reader’s Poll.
The Poll reflects the voting audience’s selections for the best products and services in San Diego, covering everything from restaurants to nightlife, retail, real estate, financial services, and more. The winners earn the right to be called “San Diego’s Best.”
This is the fourth year in just five years since opening that Jamul Casino has been named among “San Diego’s Best,” and it is the first time several of the Casino’s talented individual team members have been recognized.
Jamul Casino’s 2021 “San Diego’s Best” winners included:
- Best Sports Bar for Tony Gwynn’s Sports Pub (fourth consecutive year)
- Best Nightclub for JIVe Lounge (third consecutive year)
- Best Place to Get Married for The Rooftop at Jamul Casino (second consecutive year)
- Best Pho/Noodle House Restaurant for Loft 94 Yakitori | Noodle | Craft
- Best Chef for Cheryl Cruz at Prime Cut Steak & Seafood
- Best Restaurant Server for Antoine Bennett at Prime Cut Steak & Seafood
- Best Bartender for Chris Pfaff at JIVe Lounge
“Congratulations to Cheryl, Antoine, and Chris—and all of our outstanding team—for these awards, which recognize your success in making Jamul Casino one of the top destinations in San Diego County for entertainment, events, food, and fun,” Mary Cheeks, President and General Manager of Jamul Casino, said.
While Jamul Casino has previously earned San Diego’s Best awards for its venues and restaurants, this is the first year Jamul Casino’s individual team members have been recognized. The awards are indicative of the Casino’s success in recruiting and retaining top talent with several hundred of the casino’s opening day team members still working at the casino today.