Boyd Gaming Corporation announced plans to resume operations at three properties in Indiana and Ohio, pending receipt of final regulatory approvals.
On Monday, June 15, Boyd Gaming plans to resume operations at its two properties in Indiana: Blue Chip Casino Hotel and Spa in Michigan City, and Belterra Casino Resort in Florence. On Friday, June 19, the Company plans to reopen Belterra Park in Cincinnati, Ohio.
“Adding these three properties to our latest reopenings, we will have 24 of our 29 properties nationwide back in operation,” said Keith Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer of Boyd Gaming. “We are encouraged by early guest volumes at our newly reopened properties across the country and are optimistic we will see similar results as we return to business at Blue Chip, Belterra Resort and Belterra Park.”
Upon reopening, the three properties will operate with limited amenities and capacity restrictions in compliance with state and local requirements. Additionally, all Boyd Gaming properties are practicing “Boyd Clean,” a set of comprehensive protocols aimed at protecting the health and safety of our team members and guests. These protocols include:
- Mandatory face coverings and temperature checks for all team members;
- Social distancing requirements and capacity restrictions across all customer and team member areas, including casino floors and restaurants;
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of all high-touch surfaces, including door handles, gaming machines, table games, handrails and elevator buttons;
- Increased placement of hand sanitizer dispensers throughout our properties;
- Required training for all team members on our safety protocols.
For additional information on the Boyd Clean initiative, visit www.boydgaming.com/boyd-clean.
The Company will provide updates on the resumption of operations at additional properties as further information becomes available.
About Boyd Gaming:
Founded in 1975, Boyd Gaming Corporation is a leading geographically diversified operator of 29 gaming entertainment properties in 10 states. With one of the most experienced leadership teams in the casino industry, Boyd Gaming prides itself on offering its guests an outstanding entertainment experience, delivered with unwavering attention to customer service. For additional Company information and press releases, visit www.boydgaming.com.
SOURCE Boyd Gaming Corporation